The Pharmacy Data Entry (DE) Technician assists licensed pharmacists, typically in a remote location, in the preparation of prescriptions and other health related products as permitted by Federal, State, and local law. This position achieves customer satisfaction by promptly processing and filling prescriptions accurately and timely through the data entry of all assigned data entry tasks. Pharmacy Data Entry Technicians refer any questions regarding prescriptions, drug information, or health matters to a pharmacist. This position maintains the policies and procedures of the SelectRx Pharmacy Division.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the entry and processing of medication orders into the pharmacy operating system
- Processes and enter prescriptions accurately and in a timely manner
- Perform medication history interviews, food-drug interaction counseling, processing prescriptions following all prescription error prevention procedures
- Responsible for understanding all the applicable policies and procedures of the department necessary to perform essential job functions
- Performs duties and responsibilities according to the philosophy and standards of SelectRx including conveying courtesy, respect, enthusiasm and positive attitudes in work situations with clients, peers, and visitors
- Uses multiple software programs to review patient profiles and process medication orders which includes:
o Hand-written Physician Order Sheets
o Electronic Prescriptions
o Reorder Requests
o Phone Order Physician Sheets
- Enters correct hour of administration on prescription for automated/robotic dispensing devices to fulfill and package mediations
- Spot checks for errors and follows procedure for remediation
- Maintains patient records with a strong attention to detail
- Verifies the accuracy of patient and prescription information
- Refers prescriptions questions to Pharmacist/Supervisor
- Understands and maintains confidentiality regarding patient medications and illnesses
- Protects sensitive information by not inappropriately accessing or distributing PHI (Personal Health information)
- Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in the description as directed by Administration
- All tasks and duties must be completed in accordance and compliance with HIPAA guidelines, State and Federal laws, and current company policies and procedures
- Ability to read prescriptions, SIG codes, to document information on prescriptions, third party forms, inter-office order forms, and communication forms
- Learn and retain information to include by not limited to product names and locations as well as drug usages instructions (SIG Codes)
- Enter and retrieve data from the various operating systems employed in prescription processing and drug ordering and packaging
- Service orientated with a high degree of interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrates appropriate written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, associates, clients, and public
- Must have a positive attitude and work well in a team environment
- Must display dependability, possess a strong work ethic and have reliable attendance
Education and Experience:
- Must be a fully licensed technician in the State of Indiana
- All employees must complete required employer orientation and ongoing training needs as directed by pharmacy
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) license required
Financial Responsibilities (budget, revenue)
This position has (no) budget responsibility, authority and/or level of control.
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds’ maximum and/or carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds
SelectQuote Core Values:
Service: We create positive customer experiences.
Entrepreneurship: We create innovate & take risks.
Leadership: We build & invest in high-performing teams.
Empowerment: We embrace a changing environment.
Courage: We challenge the status quo & drive continuous improvement.
Teamwork: We help support & celebrate each other.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.