Under the direct supervision of the Pharmacy Manager, the Staff Pharmacist is responsible and accountable for the provision of safe effective and prompt medication therapy. The staff Pharmacist participates in all necessary aspects of the medication-use system while providing comprehensive and individualized pharmaceutical care to the patients in their assigned areas.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate within the professional standards and in compliance with Federal State and local regulations
- Performs professional duties and responsibilities associated with the processing of prescriptions to meet the SelectRx objectives and personally maintains a high level of customer satisfaction
- Compounds dispenses checks and verifies that all prescription and health-related product orders are processed in accordance with Federal State and local laws and regulations governing the dispensing of medications and other healthcare-related products
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures of the Pharmacy Department.
- Comply and adhere to professional practices and management of hourly pharmacy associates
- Assist in training and supervising pharmacy technicians and other support staff
- Assist in monitoring pharmacy associates performance ratings
- Assist the Pharmacy Manager in ensuring profitable operations of the Pharmacy Department
- Actively develops and oversees policies and procedures for drug purchasing drug distribution and inventory drug control
- Reviews pharmacy audit reports and implements cost-saving initiatives
- Implement audit and quality control procedures to ensure compliance with SelectRx and regulatory requirements
- Maintains files records and submits required pharmacy reports
- Identifies evaluates and interprets prescriptions
- Receives new prescription orders orally from prescribers or other persons authorized by law
- Ability to monitor drug therapy of patients and recognizes significant drug interactions
- Supervises the packaging of drugs and checks the packaging procedure and product upon completion
- Responsible for overseeing all activities of pharmacy technicians to ensure that all activities are performed completely safely and without risk or harm to patients
- Consults with patients or his/her agent regarding prescriptions either prior to or after dispensing or regarding any medical information contained in patients’ medication record system or patient chart as mandated by OBRA regulations
- Consult with any prescriber nurse or other health care professional or authorized agent thereof
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with the medical community in which SelectRx serves
- Resolves customer complaints and recommends corrective action plans
- Treats all patients/clients with respect and courtesy; respects the patients’/clients’ rights to confidentiality and works cooperatively with other members of professional and non-professional staff
- Attend SelectRx team meetings when requested
- Must possess the ability to work with automated prescription systems
- Maintains proficiency in pharmacy computer systems and medication ordering systems
- Possess good organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrates appropriate written and oral communication skills
- A high degree of interpersonal and organizational skills
- Understand and maintain confidentiality regarding patient medications and illnesses (HIPPA)
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management associates clients and the general public
- Proficiency in reading writing and speaking is required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree or Pharm.D. Degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy
- Must currently be licensing by the Pennsylvania Board of Pharmacy to practice pharmacy in the state of Pennsylvania
Financial Responsibilities (budget, revenue)
This position has no budget responsibility, authority and/or level of control.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
SelectQuote Core Values:
Service: We create positive customer experiences.
Entrepreneurship: We create innovate & take risks.
Leadership: We build & invest in high-performing teams.
Empowerment: We embrace a changing environment.
Courage: We challenge the status quo & drive continuous improvement.
Teamwork: We help support & celebrate each other.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.