The Staff Pharmacist (Remote PV1) performs initial verification of medications and other pharmaceutical supplies to dispense prescriptions issued by physicians, dentists, and other qualified prescribers.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates within the professional standards and in compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations
- Performs professional duties and responsibilities associated with the processing of prescriptions to meet the SelectRx objectives and personally maintains a high level of customer satisfaction
- Verifies that all prescription and health-related product orders are processed in accordance with Federal, State, and local laws and regulations governing the dispensing of medications and other healthcare-related products
- Implements and maintains policies and procedures of the Pharmacy Department
- Complies and adheres to professional practices and management of hourly pharmacy associates
- Ensures prompt and courteous customer service by all pharmacy associates
- Assists Pharmacy Manager in ensuring profitable operations of the Pharmacy Department
- Implements audit and quality control procedures to ensure compliance with SelectRx and regulatory requirements
- Identifies, evaluates, and interprets prescriptions
- Accurately and efficiently perform initial verification of prescriptions into the SelectRx pharmacy operating system
- Receives new prescription orders orally from prescribers or other persons authorized by law
- Ability to monitor drug therapy of patients and recognize significant drug interactions
- Responsible for all activities of pharmacy technicians to ensure that all activities are performed completely, safely, and without risk or harm to patients
- Consults with patients or his/her agent regarding prescriptions, either prior to or after dispensing or regarding any medical information contained in patients’ medication record system or patient chart, as mandated by OBRA regulations
- Consult with any prescriber, nurse, or other health care professional or authorized agent thereof
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with the medical community in which SelectRx serves
- Treats all patients/clients with respect and courtesy; respects the patients’/clients’ rights to confidentiality and works cooperatively with other members of professional and non-professional staff
- Attends SelectRx meetings when requested including Pharmacist Meetings, Pharmacy Technician Meetings, Data Entry Meetings, Delivery Meetings, Administrative
- Meetings, and Organization Monthly Meetings
- Markets the positive image of SelectRx throughout the local communities
- Must possess the ability to work with automated prescription systems
- Possesses good organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrates appropriate written and oral communication skills
- High degree of interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, associates, clients, and the general public.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking is required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree or Pharm.D. Degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy
- Knowledge and understanding of PioneerRx clinical software system
- Must hold or be willing to obtain a license by the State Board of Pharmacy to practice pharmacy in the state working in
Financial Responsibilities (budget, revenue)
This position has no budget responsibility, authority and/or level of control.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Work is performed indoors with the potential to exposure to safety and health hazards related to office work.
- Could potentially travel to other office and operational sites
- Noise level in work environment is usually moderate
SelectQuote Core Values:
Service: We create positive customer experiences.
Entrepreneurship: We create innovate & take risks.
Leadership: We build & invest in high-performing teams.
Empowerment: We embrace a changing environment.
Courage: We challenge the status quo & drive continuous improvement.
Teamwork: We help support & celebrate each other.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.