Director Operational Planning & Analytics
The Director of Operational Planning & Analytics is responsible for leadership & management of the analytics & operational planning teams within our emergic healthcare services segment
This will be a key member that plays a critical role in driving strategic planning optimizing operational processes and providing analytical insights to enhance overall business performance. This position requires a strong analytical mindset exceptional leadership skills and the ability to collaborate across departments to achieve organizational goals.
· This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
· Responsible for manager and analyst development fostered through clear expectation setting and consistent feedback
· Manage and facilitate in building the workforce and data enablement arms of the analytics team
· Identify and setup recurring analyst work with a strong “routine” foundation for accelerated turnaround times and increased accuracy
· Responsible for forecasting budgeting and enablement of senior stakeholders specifically the 1st cut of forecasting
· Responsible for variance analyses as to why sales plan or forecast is off and how to self-correct
· Collaborate with sales marketing and sales support teams to ensure alignment between forecasts and operational capacity
· Responsible for compensation execution and analysis ensuring incentives are aligned to key business objectives; additionally establish a month end close process for variable compensation variance analysis
· Accountable for divisional reporting and distribution that is centered around a scalable self-service model
· Responsible for ideation of new ways to analyze the performance of our business and drive meaningful analytical insights
· Supports Sales & Sales Operations with analytical needs; ensure key stakeholder expectations and deliverables are being met consistently timely and accurately
· Joint responsibility for various sales support KPIs across Enrollment Customer Care Ancillary Sales Retention Operations and more (e.g. Live claim rate ADE/AHE ESR transfer rates answer rates persistency RDE & Non-RDE )
· Accountable for prioritizing strategic initiatives for sales and sales support (e.g. AI enhancement MCE rollouts geo targeting strategic carrier initiatives etc.)
· Strong written communication and presentation skills; comfortable with high degree of interaction with senior leadership team
· Expert understanding of unit economics and profitability measures
· Expert organizational and time management skills
· Expert attention to detail
· Intellectual curiosity towards research
· Superior analytical and business judgement
· Highly motivated resourceful and self-directed with the ability to deliver under pressure
· Entrepreneurial spirit – creativity to identify opportunities when others may not see them and a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to execute
· Management experience and a willingness to have “tough conversations” to get the results needed
· Self-motivated with an extremely strong sense of urgency - act as a change agent in the division
· Flexibility to adapt and change as priorities evolve
· Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time
· Bachelor's Degree in Business Statistics Analytics or related experience required
· 10+ years of related experience working in data analysis required
· 5+ years of management experience required
· Proven experience as both a player and a coach – ability to execute while also leading and influencing others
· Skilled with Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint
· Proficient in SQL
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
SelectQuote Core Values:
Service: We create positive customer experiences.
Entrepreneurship: We create innovate & take risks.
Leadership: We build & invest in high-performing teams.
Empowerment: We embrace a changing environment.
Courage: We challenge the status quo & drive continuous improvement.
Teamwork: We help support & celebrate each other.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required.